Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Off go Reid Stowe and sailor Soanya




I first wrote about Reid Stowe here and I must confess that my tone has been bugging me. Deep down I greatly admire Reid and his vision while at the same time being equally skeptical.
Good luck to them both.....I somehow suspect that the schooner Anne will return from her voyage with only one crew member...which one will it be?
Follow the journey at Reid's blog

LATER:
PLEASE PUT THIS GUY OUT OF HIS MISERY (AND SAVE POOR SOANYA)
First, he blundered into a US navy live-fire exercise, then he ripped his main while reefing, now he's smacked a freighter in the middle of the night and tore off his bowsprit and screwed up his jib and staysail stays. Only 985 days to go! see for yourself.
These are not equipment failures but rather lapses in seamanship. As I mentioned in earlier posts, the dude's a menace on a boat.

1 Comments:

Blogger NYSEA said...

My prediction: If she survives the first storm, they will return in a few months with a contaminated water supply. Good luck to them anyway.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home